OBAMA TRIES to WIPE SLATE CLEAN for 2012 RUN

© 2010 jbjd

Regular readers of “jbjd” already know that documentary evidence available in the public record establishes Barack Obama stole the 2008 D Presidential nomination and then snookered a slight plurality of the American people into voting for him by tricking election officials in several states that require eligibility for office as a precondition to printing the candidate’s name on both primary and general election ballots, to print his name on the ballot, notwithstanding neither he nor anyone else who vouched he was qualified for office disclosed documentary evidence available in the public record that would establish, he is eligible for the job.   But you might have missed this.

Mr. Obama has begun wiping the 2008 slate clean, thereby announcing he intends to preserve the option to do this to us all over again in 2012.

Way back in August 2009 I published an article on this blog entitled, RUMORS, LIES, and UNSUBSTANTIATED ‘FACTS’ in which I established that Annenberg Political FactCheck (“APFC”), the source often cited by members of Congress to their constituents whose work they wrongly assert has ‘proven’ the ‘fact’ Obama is a NBC, does not actually check facts.  For example, I showed the image of a ‘newspaper birth announcement’ displayed on APFC’s web site which they accredited to the Honolulu Advertiser claiming the information they were posting on the APFC site had been uncovered by a “researcher” whose results an anonymous commenter then posted on the td (TexasDarlin) blog.   Based only on this chain of custody, that is, unnamed researcher->anonymous blogger->td blog->APFC, APFC now opined that this image they had thus obtained proved Obama was born in HI.  Just to be clear, clicking on the fourth hand image on APFC did not bring me to the work of this “researcher” or, to the birth announcement page of the edition of the Honolulu Advertiser APFC claimed was printed on “Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961.” Instead, it took me back to the td blog.

Yep; APFC claimed to authenticate Obama was born in HI with the use of an unauthenticated image of text they named “Obama’s birth announcement” only viewable through the aid of a computer screen.

Well, since I first posted that article ‘outing’ APFC in August 2009, a couple of noteworthy changes have occurred.  First, the Honolulu Advertiser is now the Honolulu Star-Advertiser. (The paper ceased publication in July 2010.)

Second, APFC has amended that suspect link so that clicking on the image of that fake newspaper announcement posted on their blog now takes the reader not to the td blog but to the current front page of the recently formed Honolulu Star-Advertiser!  (H/T azgo.)

(APFC has posted several updates on that same page I referenced in my August 2009 expose. But, for some reason, while they note the date and reason for these other updates, they notably fail to mention they updated the link in the fake birth announcement image.)

For those people who bother to verify such information, winding up at the site of the Honolulu Star-Advertiser would be enough to end their search and to assume the information posted on APFC was true.  But we know better.

If you try hard, you can find a link on the front page of the Honolulu Star-Advertiser to Archives from the old Honolulu Advertiser. However, this archive  function only allows readers to trace articles back to 11.30.02.  So, even if this fictional Obama birth announcement was real, readers still could not locate this birth announcement via the on-line Archives, anyway.  If any birth announcements were published on Aug. 13, 1961, evidence of such publication might be found by researching microfiche or microfilm holdings of earlier publications.  These could be ‘screen captured’ and posted on the APFC site.  But they are not.  (Maybe that’s because the State of HI Libraries keep no copies of the Honolulu Advertiser from way back then.  http://www.state.hi.us/lrb/serials1/serialsh.html and http://ipac2.librarieshawaii.org:81/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=129F790MT7494.375&menu=search&aspect=basic_search&npp=10&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=main&ri=1&source=~!comres_train&index=.NK&term=honolulu+advertiser&x=9&y=8&aspect=basic_search)

So, it would seem even with their surreptitious tweaking, APFC again clearly intended to provide inquiring minds with no verifiable evidence the old Honolulu Advertiser carried a birth announcement for Barack Obama on Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961.  On the contrary, if they had meant to support their claims with verifiable documentation, they could have given readers more information than just their word, now or the last time they pulled such tripe.

Then again, why bother, when just their word was good enough to fool people the last time.

16 Responses to OBAMA TRIES to WIPE SLATE CLEAN for 2012 RUN

1. Rlqretired says:

jbjd – Just in case you may have missed it, Misstickly at http://obamasgarden.wordpress.com/ has found that even the seal on the birth document Obama put up on his web site is a fake. Continued thanks for all you are doing for my grandchildren.

Rlqretired: You are welcome. As for further analysis of the electronic image posted on FTS, well, I cannot imagine wasting my time examining ad absurdum that paid political advertisement. ADMINISTRATOR

2. Miri says:

jbjd: About the announcement, not to worry! Maureen Dowd is on it and has kindly provided an image in this story:

AP “provided it,” so it MUST be legit. Right? :)

Miri: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Now, if only MoDo or AP or the NovaScotian would just go on record with the original source of that electronic image! (I cannot believe the coincidental timing of our two exposes! Of course, only my narrative is true.) ADMINISTRATOR

P.S. Ha, these people are so transparent! Know how I said the Honolulu Advertiser stopped printing in July 2010? Well, they did. But someone keeps open a web site under that name, and posts Obama related tripe to keep the misinformation coming. I just noticed; one of the stories linked in the APFC repertoire of propaganda is this: http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2009/Jul/28/ln/hawaii907280345.html If you go there, you will see the exact inserted image of that fake birth announcement that appears in MoDo’s piece published in the NovaScotian! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Now, all together: THERE IS NO CONTEMPORANEOUS ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE HONOLULU ADVERTISER ON AUGUST 13, 1961, THAT OBAMA WAS BORN IN HI. No matter how many times MoDo, or AP, or APFC, or Post & Email (who confides to readers that their own personal investigator obtained such announcement) repeats this lie.

(Note 12.21.10: I called the publication that reprinted MoDo’s puff piece, the NovaScotian. Its correct title is the ChronicleHerald. “NovaScotian” appears in its web address. jbjd)

jbjd-When I read about the Rise and Fall of Hitler’s Third Reich and Dr. Joseph Goebbles-Propaganda Minister never did I imagine that it could happen here in our United States of America, but with people like MoDo, AP, APFC and others it is. I sent this latest article to Breitbart.tv yesterday in case you receive more replies.
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Michelle: I have been unable to do the research – my laptop charger died yesterday so I had to wait till I got to school today to reply; will replace it today! – but, I was thinking… The composite electronic image of the fake birth announcement could well be advertising linked to any story about an Obama birth announcement in the Honolulu Advertiser. In other words, someone might be spending a lot of money covering tracks in preparation for the 2012 bid. ADMINISTRATOR

P.S. Okay, I bought another charger. OMG! This is so funny! Now, clicking on the cookie-cutter image of that concocted birth announcement on either the ChronicleHerald article referenced by Miri; or, the exact image in the article linked by APFC to a web address that says Honolulu Advertiser bearing the current date which, as I previously explained, is impossible since the newspaper went out of publication in July 2010 when it was purchased by the Honolulu Star; know what address you get as the original source of that image? ONLY THE WEB ADDRESS OF THE SITE POSTING THE IMAGE! HA HA HA HA HA! In other words, we are expected to ‘buy into’ the meme that all of these sites have published their original work, sourced in print to the AP but never connected to them otherwise!

If anyone comes across an ‘original’ AP article producing this image AND identifying the source – Honolulu Advertiser archives or library microfilm/fiche, for example – please let me know. (Don’t waste your time looking for an original source. The only original source for this garbage is the advertising copy drawn up around which this ‘Obama newspaper birth announcement’ propaganda was conceived.)

P.P.S. Just for laughs, ask the “Post & Email” on what basis their mystical ‘expert’ was able to retrieve this image independently! HA HA HA HA HA!

• Researcher says:

To the Readers of “jbjd”:

I am posting this comment, in total, without any editorial tweaking, reserving my reply till the end.

Enjoy.

Dear jbjd,

I am as you refer to me, the mystical “expert”. I obtained an image of the HSB birth announcements dated August 14, 1961 from the microfiche located at the UC Berkeley Special Collections library. I never said that the birth announcement was legitimate only that it was available from sources other than the HI State Library. I have the documentation to back up my procurement of the said document from UCB.

Lady Forest over at myveryownpointofview has also done extensive research on the announcements and was able to make copies at the Library of Congress from both the HA and HSB for August 13 and August 14, 1961 microfiches, respectively. The HSB she obtained matches what I obtained from UCB.

If these are fake, then someone went to great lengths to modify/replace all the microfiche copies known to exist.

Please note I am not challenging your assertion that they are fake (as they very well could be). I do however take issue with your assertion that I or The P&E were less than above the board.

If you wish to see the doumentation I have, I can post a copy in Scribd then post a link here.

Researcher: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Notwithstanding the LoC holds records from both major HI newspapers dating back to 1961 (http://www.loc.gov/rr//news/chronological/1960s.pdf), the mere fact that the P&E failed to accredit with particularity the claims it posted on their site months ago now, that their researcher had uncovered an Obama birth announcement; would by itself be sufficient to reject such claims outright. Your feeble attempts to rehabilitate those claims serve to bolster the insinuations I made concerning the credibility of that hyperbolic rag.

Thanks for the laugh, and for providing the opportunity to once again point out to my readers, the distinction between scholarly research and tripe. ADMINISTRATOR

P.S. Maybe you could alert APFC that if they want to recover their credibility more than 2 (two) years after first printing a fake newspaper birth announcement from the td blog on their site, they might take up my suggestion to post screen caps of those phantom microfiche or microfilm files you and your cohorts claim to have found, with identifying catalog features, of course! (Wonder why they didn’t think of that!)

P.P.S. Oh, and while you are at it, maybe you could send this information to WH Counsel Bob Bauer! Remember, in Hollister, he could only inform the court that APFC said there was a contemporaneous birth announcement. COUNSEL for DNC SERVICES CORPORATION PERFORMS 3 CARD MONTE* for FEDERAL COURT He could correct his court pleadings for next time, by claiming, he has the real thing!

• Researcher says:

To the Readers of “jbjd”:

Again, I am printing this comment without modification. My response follows.

Dear jbjd,

What evidence do you have to indicate my research is anything less than scholarly? I simply researched which libraries allegedly held the 1961 HSB and HA, contacted one, paid the appropriate fees, had a hard copy sent to me via snail mail, and provided a copy to The P&E. I had no input whatsoever to what was published on its website regarding this matter. I am quite aware of the need for provenance and maintaining an appropriate chain of custody. If you want to take issue with the lack particularities in the article, fine. But to insult those of us who have invested hundreds, if not thousands of hours conducting good research is harmful to the overall cause as well as dispiriting. I never claimed it was the real thing; just that it was obtainable and that the copy I received listed an Obama announcement. Did I have a document forensic expert examine it? No, but I never claimed it was real either.

I, along with you and others, and have always questioned the veracity of the announcements. My point is that if they are indeed forgeries, then there was a major conspiracy to pull all existing copies off the shelves of various libraries and replace them with forgeries.

Again, what evidence do you have that anything I have said or done is less than truthful or as you refer to it, tripe?? I offered to provide you the evidence, yet you resort to insulting my integrity.

I don’t follow your blog; I came across this based on a link posted on a private blog I maintain. Given that, it should not be construed as a feeble attempt to rehabilitate my credibility as it requires no “rehabilitation.”

Finally, I could give a rat’s ass about the credibility of the other person you mentioned.

Researcher: Note that you would sound less incredible if 1) you had submitted your story to a publication other than P&E; and 2) you had obtained a copy of the information you claim to have received, in the form of an electronic transmission, the original source of which would have been established by the image itself. (Recall that the original source of the image recently posted on several other sites, is the web address of whichever of those web sites on which the image appears!) ADMINISTRATOR

• misstickly says:

Good for you for calling out the P&E. And for calling all the bogus support for Obama’s narrative into question, too. I have to give you props, because it takes guts to call out some of these people and places. I know I take everything with a huge grain of salt these days myself…even you, but this time, you had me at P&E.

misstickly: The only ‘stock-in-trade’ we anonymous bloggers can rightfully claim is performance over time. I organized this blog in August 2008 motivated by the desire to disseminate information that could still impact the results of the general election, with little idea of the dynamics of running the enterprise. (For example, back then, the blog was not interactive, that is, I did not respond to individual comments.) But from the beginning, I paid attention to what I believed to be the truth of what I was publishing. And I tried to provide credible sources to any statements of fact that were outside of the domain of ‘common knowledge.’ Evidently, the ‘stamp of approval’ from “jbjd” has come to mean credibility; because I have seen even the most blatant charlatans falsely claim, I endorse their drivel.

There’s plenty of room on the net for all kinds of writing. Certainly, even otherwise well meaning authors can engage in reporting that clouds the truth outright, or misdirect readers to minutia that obscures the whole electoral picture and sidetracks from taking appropriate action that could alter election outcomes. But for whatever reason, some authors and publications appear to trade in an ongoing campaign of misinformation, intentionally inciting the public to take one side or the other on a particular issue without engaging in deliberative thought and discussion. And for those authors or publications who have expressed part of their mission is to expose Obama is Constitutionally ineligible for the job, this adds hypocrisy to bad journalism. ADMINISTRATOR

• misstickly says:

“And for those authors or publications who have expressed part of their mission is to expose Obama is Constitutionally ineligible for the job, this adds hypocrisy to bad journalism.”

I am no writer or journalist and don’t claim to be, but I still want to participate in the dialogue. I hope anyone reading my stuff would be smart enough to see it for what it is: the ‘investigatory journalist’ work of a graphic designer.

misstickly: This brings up a good point: I should perhaps figure out how to create an “About” page on this blog so as to identify myself as a JD (lawyer) and teacher. Maybe this would help people to determine ‘where I am coming from’ (without having to read through an entire blog’s worth of articles/comments). ADMINISTRATOR

• misstickly says:

Stay strong, jbjd. Because i like what I am reading from you!

It’s time to drag them into the sunlight!

misstickly: Thank you. But I discern no change in focus in my writing from what it has always been. ADMINISTRATOR

• misstickly says:

“I should perhaps figure out how to create an “About” page on this blog so as to identify myself as a JD (lawyer) and teacher. ”

I think that’s a terrific idea. For more than one reason–yes, to put your credentials out there, but also so that when you have to throw down and be the upfront, clinical, rational person you are about law and reality–you have an opportunity to give people more information about what makes you tick. Personally, I really think an ‘about’ page would serve you well.

I enjoyed writing mine because I wanted to tell my own story. I know that some eager [Obama supporter] would gladly tell it for me if I don’t have it on the record. Plus, I am kind of a dork, like that…

misstickly: Still, I can say anything I want about who I am. (Hopefully, my writings will speak louder than my ‘credentials.’) ADMINISTRATOR

jbjd-wow you are good, now that you know their modus operandi your internal radar is setting off alarms at an even faster rate. You are probably right-laying the ground work for even more lies, cover-ups etc. Oh these criminal minds when first they practice to deceive. I wonder what scam/scheme they may come up with next? Sure won’t be anything legal, lawful or ethical that’s for sure.

Michelle: I know. The problem is, how does one begin to explain to novices that any pre-White House information disseminated about Obama even by what historically were ‘reputable’ ‘news’ sources needs to be parsed and dissected in order to ascertain what semblances, if any remain of the truth? ADMINISTRATOR

5. Al says:

Hi jbjd!

There I was wishing, hoping, praying, crossing my fingers, toes, etc. that Obama would just be a one term “wonder”, and simply fade away to Chicago. Just the thought, that he may be mounting a repeat of 2008 in 2012, leaves me wondering how much longer pretty speeches streaming along a teleprompter-screen will resonate with the American people, instead of legitimate leadership that genuinely addresses the challenges facing our nation.

Cannot say you didn’t sound the alarm, and give advance warning/notice about a possible sequel. Cannot thank you enough for your gallant efforts covering this matter, educating us along the way while also promoting the concept of fair elections too. Have a great week. Back next week to lurk and learn some more.

Al: Again, you are welcome. I spent so much time de-constructing the 2008 election debacle, I hadn’t considered what would be the right time to make sure people had moved to implement the legal mechanisms that would forestall an election fraud redux. Obama and his cohorts could steal another election by tricking people into believing, repeating the lie that the record is clear long enough means, he is really a NBC. Soon, I will have to address which state laws need tweaking in order to ensure that anyone wanting to vote for Obama knows his Constitutional eligibility for the job. ADMINISTRATOR

6. Miri says:

jbjd: There is an article by Will Hoover of the Honolulu Advertiser, dated Nov. 9, 2008, entitled “Obama’s Hawaii boyhood home drawing gawkers”. It contained an image of the supposed birth announcement. Here’s a link to that image:

The article can be found in the Google cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:gX3TRmMfXd0J:the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2008/Nov/09/ln/hawaii811090361.html

From the article:

“[S]omeone posted the address on the Internet [this would be Texas Darlin]. That July posting contained a photocopy of what is most likely the first mention of Barack Obama ever published — a tiny, one-line birth notice in the Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961, edition of The Honolulu Advertiser:

‘Mr. and Mrs. Barack H. Obama, 6085 Kalanianaole Highway, son, Aug. 4.’

The exact same notice appeared the following day in the Honolulu Star-Bulletin. The numerous birth announcements above and below the Obama listing also were identical in both papers, which were unaffiliated, competing publications.

Advertiser columnist and former Star-Bulletin managing editor Dave Shapiro was not at either paper in 1961, but he remembers how the birth notices process worked years later when both papers were jointly operated by the Hawaii Newspaper Agency — which no longer exists.

‘Those were listings that came over from the state Department of Health,’ he said. ‘They would send the same thing to both papers.’”

It’s important to note that even if (and it’s a big if) those announcements ran in those newspapers contemporaneously, nobody can say with certainty who the “son” was (he’s not named) NOR can anybody say with certainty who “Mrs. Barack Hussein Obama” was (she’s not named, either, and there were at least THREE Mrs. Barack Hussein Obamas) NOR is a place of birth mentioned, only the alleged residence of the parents. I say alleged because contemporaneous city directories do not place a Mr. and Mrs. Barack Hussein Obama living at that address at that time.

Miri: You write, “The author, Will Hoover, reports what (he says) was in those papers on those dates, but he does not say how he knows this to be true.” Yep; this is the key finding here. (More) garbage in; garbage out. As I already reported, no HI libraries hold 1961 issues of the now-defunct Honolulu Advertiser, in any form. Check out the links I provided! So, what was the original source of those images that now litter any ‘major’ article mentioning this false announcement? As long as these images are identical then, we must assume they derive from the same source, even though as I have pointed out above (or below?), right-clicking on them only reveals the source as the web page of the article in which they currently appear.

Anyway, even assuming for the sake of argument, a birth announcement really did appear; AND EVEN ASSUMING SUCH ANNOUNCEMENT ESTABLISHED A HAWAIIAN BIRTH; the focus on Obama’s Constitutional eligibility for POTUS needs to remain on this. On what documentary basis did people who swore to state election officials he was eligible for POTUS in those states that only print the names of qualified candidates on the ballot; ascertain beforehand he was eligible for the job? Because documentary evidence shows that in states with those ballot eligibility laws, we have asked everyone who Certified he is a NBC, how s/he knew. And so far, no one will say.

Assuming any of these people – Nancy Pelosi, Alice Germond, or Boyd Richie, for example – relied on an image of this imagined newspaper birth announcement, why wouldn’t any of them say? ADMINISTRATOR

7. ladysforest says:

Hello jbjd,

You stated: “As I already reported, no HI libraries hold 1961 issues of the now-defunct Honolulu Advertiser, in any form.”

Are you intending to include the micro-films in that statement? As of March 2010 the State Library Honolulu, and the Hamilton Library at the University, Honolulu, did each have the Honolulu Advertiser for July, August and September 1961 on micro-film. That would include the entire issue for each day.

ladysforest: Apparently you missed the fact that I supported my statement by including a link to the HI state library holdings in the original article. I trust that by now, readers of this blog can accurately infer the reason you failed provide a .gov link to information that would support your claim. ADMINISTRATOR

8. ladysforest says:

I have copies from those two libraries. Collected in person. Have the flight receipts, have the hotel receipts, have the car rental receipts. Parking receipts. I even have some emails buried somewhere from the Hamiliton library, and I believe also the State Library.
    Now, before you are willing to flat out call me a liar, you might try emailing either of those libraries, or giving them a phone call.
    I found that the .gov links are not always accurate. I phoned and emailed prior to the visit to be certain that those films were indeed housed there. I have the physical copies, and I have receipts. I had to make sure of the furlough dates prior to booking the trip.

ladysforest: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! (See previous responses for more detailed rebuttal.) ADMINISTRATOR

9. ladysforest says:

To the Readers of “jbjd”:

I am posting this comment in its entirety, with my reply following.

Here is a the first email exchange I sent out looking for info on these micro films:
    (response)

Good Morning:

In answer to your questions.

The Library & Archives hours of public operation are as follows:

Wednesday through Friday: 12noon to 4pm

Saturday: 9am to 12noon

CLOSED Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, all holidays and holiday weekends.

The collection does not contain any microfilm of the Star Bulletin. Our

Holding for the Honolulu Advertiser only go up to 1920. Therefore, might

I suggest you visit the Hamilton Library at the University of Hawaii, or the

State Library. Both of these repositories should have copies of the

Newspapers you would like to view. These sources are not shared by

libraries, so should you need them you will have to go to those individual

libraries. We will not be able to assist you at the Bishop Museum Library

& Archives.

Thank you for your interest in the Bishop Museum collections.

Sincerely,

Matthew Yim, Librarian

Bishop Museum Library & Archives

From:************@aol.com [mailto:***********@aol.com]
    Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2010 7:39 AM
    To: Bishop Museum Library
    Subject: Question regarding hours of operation

Aloha,

Could you please tell me the hours of operation for the Library and Archive? Days of the week closed (Sunday?) ect.

I was also wondering about the procedures to view the microfiche copies of the Honolulu Advertiser and the Star Bulletin for the entire month of August, 1961. Also likely for the period published June 1961-both papers.

Most specifically, are the microfiche permanently housed there or would an appointment to view and copy them be required?

Additionally, what costs are associated with making the copies.

Thank you very much for your assistance,

Sincerely,

redacted
    **************@aol.com

ladysforest: I will reply to this comment with a riddle. Given that this submission from ladysforest purports to respond to a challenge as to the credibility of prior claims she had obtained an image of a newspaper publication showing a contemporaneous announcement of Barack Obama’s birth, what is missing from this subsequent documentation? ADMINISTRATOR

10. kj says:

jbjd:

It is true that APFC does not have posted the “Obama birth announcements,” but ladysforest found the same in two Honolulu newspapers on library microfilms and posted scanned images of these announcements online. I have viewed the results of ladysforest’s research and have no reason to disbelieve that the copies of the “Obama birth announcements” available on her website are not from the 1961 editions of both the Honolulu Advertiser and Star Bulletin. I assume that you have also viewed what she has posted, but if you have not, I urge you to take the time to do so. Images at (links omitted by jbjd)

If there is some legal issue with the documentation of what ladysforest has posted, please inform us non-lawyer researchers of the issue so that we do not make the same mistake.

Thank you.

PS The web is a wonderful place for research, but does not yet contain the total published wealth of the world: some things can only be obtained from libraries. Some libraries will find what you seek and send you a copy of what they found. Some libraries are not willing or able to do any research for “unserved” individuals, but I have yet to find one that will not you to access their materials in person.

Trips out of town or out of state normally cost money as well as time. From experience, I know that it is wise to contact an out of town library before a visit to be sure that what you seek will be available when you are in the library, and that you pack any equipment needed for bringing copies home. Please consider the following:
    -Online Card Catalogs are not always accurate, web searches for library items do not consistently yield the same results, items may be missing (lost) from the library shelves, or items may need to be retrieved from off site storage. Having to wait two days for item retrieval or discovering on arrival that the item you seek is no longer possessed by the library can mean that you have wasted your time and money on the trip.
    -One should also enquire about copying materials. Photocopies may not allowed for certain materials, but ambient light photographs may be okay. Digital copies to flash media or emailed to self are becoming more common. No flash media packed can mean no copies to bring home.
    -Sometimes there is construction in the library or the hours/days may be different from what is posted on the web.

PSS Library of Congress shows publication dates for
    Honolulu Advertiser 1921 to current
    Available as: Microfilm Service Copy at LOC 1921:Mar.31-
    LOC also shows microfilm available at UH Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii State Library, Bishop Museum Library, Honolulu, California State Library, Sacramento

Honolulu Star Bulletin 1912-current
    Available as: Microfilm Service Copy at LOC 1912:Jan.1-2000:Feb.29-
    LOC also shows microfilm available at UH Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii State Library

kj: If any of the web cites with a vested interest in establishing newspaper announcements were printed on or around the date Obama is alleged to have been born, who in 2008 alleged such announcements had been printed; had printed such announcements with attributions to the LoC at that time, then, perhaps, I would not now assume outright that no such announcements occurred. (Certainly, Bob Bauer would not have risked citing to the court in Hollister the ‘fact’ that APFC noted a contemporaneous birth announcement when, at the time, that announcement on APFC only linked only to an anonymous posting on the td blog, had such announcement existed with more legitimate provenance.) But even now, 2+ years after the 2008 election, these sites still print an ‘announcement’ that cannot be electronically traced to its ‘source.’

Not surprisingly, therefore, I do not believe you, ostensibly harboring a vested interest in proving such claims of a contemporaneous newspaper announcement false; have in your possession this ‘holy grail’ that would appear to render such claims, true. ADMINISTRATOR